Monday, June 23, 2008
Day at the Lake
On Saturday, my sister's family, my cousin's family and us went to this fun little lake that had a sandy beach and all sorts of water things, like a tunnel slide, a diving board, a high dive, a raft, a rattle snake for climbing on and a huge floaty thing that you can jump on. So we packed a lunch and enjoyed the day at the lake. My nephews, who are 7 and 4 were jumping from the high dive, and it was really high so we were watching them and Lucy takes off swimming towards it and says "I wanna jump." She wasn't very happy with me that I didn't let her. The scary thing is that she would have done it because she doesn't have fear, so unlike me. She also wanted to go down the water slide and it was one of those fast tunnels that has a huge drop so I didn't want her to go down that either, but Michael said he would take her. They came flying through the air at the end and she drank about half the lake. She didn't ask to go on that again. She spent most of her time jumping from the raft and swimming around. She also didn't fail to poop in her swim diaper. All you need to do is put the girl in a swim diaper, let her swim around and a little while later if you ask her if she pooped she will say "I pooped in Elmo", even though we had discussed that Elmo doesn't like to be pooped on. Regardless, it was a fun day. So if I had a brain at all I would have remembered my camera, but since it was a fleeting thought I had that morning I don't have any pictures to post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What lake is this?? sounds like fun!
Erin, So glad to hear you're feeling better. I got so tired of Baylor "pooping in Elmo" last summer that I banned her from getting popsicles....that ban only lasted about a week. She trained herself VERY quickly. She wanted that popsicle so bad. Baylor, too, has no fear of the water. (kinda scary,huh?) She jumps into the pool, goes down slides--she's all over the place. Miss you.
Sounds fun Erin... Where is it?
Post a Comment