Sunday, October 19, 2008

Zoo


I finally took Lucy to the zoo on Friday. It was a gorgeous day, my nephews were on fall break and Mike had strep throat so we needed to get out of the house (actually, I had planned to take Lucy before I knew he was sick, but it worked out great). Anyhow, we had such a great time... if you know me, than you know I love chimpanzee's, so that was our first stop, after the bathroom of course, I am 8 months pregnant. There was a baby chimp and he was swinging into the window, eating banana's and just entertaining everyone. My nephew said, I want to go in there with him and I agreed with him. Of course, when I got home and told Mike about it, he said the adult chimpanzee's are mean and probably would have bitten me up... thanks for ruining that idea! We also enjoyed the elephants because they had an exhibit room and this one elephant had his face right up to the window staring us down. Just a piece of glass separated us. Lucy said it was scary when his trunk would wack the window. We also smelt a porcuppine mark his territory in one exhibit and it just about made me throw up. Let me tell, the area was all his, I was out of there... it was a horrible dirty diaper/body odor smell... gross... aren't you glad I shared! We had a picnic lunch, saw all the animals and rode the train. Lucy and Preston loved the train. They both waved bye-bye to the choo choo for like 5 minutes and Preston even cried when he realized that it was gone and we weren't on it anymore. The older boys said, all we saw were a couple of ducks, so they weren't impressed. We only rode one-way on the train and we chose the wrong way... it was mostly construction we saw and a few ducks. Lucy has been playing chugga chugga choo choo all weekend... she has us all sit on the steps, including her baby dolls and tells us "all aboard" before proceeding to choo choo. She even gets Mike's belts and straps us all in.... such imagination!


6 comments:

Mariafer said...

Marketplace was great! It was great seeing you and I am jealous that you got to see the elephants... you have ours so we get to see none!

Jana said...

Oh I just love to hear what Miss Lucy comes up with, what a sweetie... Can't believe you only have a month left. I am so excited to hear if it is a boy or girl!

Anonymous said...

You need to blog about her robot hat!!! SOOO FUNNNNY

marilee

Anonymous said...

I love taking Camden to the zoo! Lucy is such a cutie, I am so excited about the new baby coming!

momof4dragons said...

I hate the zoo....did I say that outloud? Sorry. It's always stinky to me. The only fun part is seeing the kids shriek delightfully. How are you? Any new Officer's yet? How was Hallowewen? Did Lucy dress up?

Mel Murray said...

miss you. lets get back in touch. 479.283.0246! miss you guys tons.