Miss Lucy has been such a big helper for me while I have been sick. There were mornings where Mike would get their breakfast ready and then have to leave so Lucy would help Brandt, clean him up and get him down from his highchair. She would say, "come on Brandt, let's go upstairs and play" and he would reply "okay sissy," all while I was trying hard to get myself up from bed and move to the couch or up to Lucy's bed to watch them play. Every now and then one of them would start crying and have to come down for kisses, but overall they did great. My Mom did come down and help us for several weeks, so that was such a huge blessing! I knew my kids were being loved and cared for, and Mike didn't have to do everything when he came home from work. It was an incredibly hard 9 weeks of all day sickness, and now I just have headaches and nausea at about 8pm every night.
Lucy said the funniest thing while we were at lunch one Sunday after church. Mike was trying to help Brandt finish his meal and he wouldn't take a bite, so Lucy said, "Brandt, don't you like Daddy." He said NO in his teasing voice, by the way, he is such a mini-mike in that he likes to tease. So Lucy said, well do you love daddy and Brandt said no again. So Lucy went through all of our names and Brandt of course said no. So then she asked him finally, "do you love Jesus." Brandt said NOOO. So Lucy says "well, I guess your going to hell when you die then." We laughed so hard because she said it so matter-of-fact. Mike and I just kept laughing about it the rest of that day and it still makes me smile. I had asked Lucy if she talked about Hell in Sunday school. She said they hadn't, and I only remember having one deep conversation about Hell with her when she was asking questions about salvation. She's a funny girl.
Brandt has such a sweet little voice and he is just a parrot by repeating everything we say. I love when you ask him a question because he says "yes" in just the cutest way. He loves to make you laugh, so if you look at him during dinner he will raise his eyebrows, make a funny face or turn his head and look at you from the corner of his eye. I could seriously eat him up because he is so stinking sweet. I love that he will play restaurant with Lucy or dress up and then he will go all boy and throw balls and get rough. We do have to tell him to be gentle with Lucy, so it should be interesting when the baby comes. Another phrase we hear all of the time is "no, I try." He wants to do everything himself, so I will say okay, but be careful. So we were on a walk yesterday and he was jumping over cracks and walking around goose poo, and he would say "be careful, mommy, be careful." I also hear over and over throughout the day... "what ya doing, mommy" and "where we going, mommy." He makes me smile.
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment