Sunday, May 20, 2012

Lucy's Prayer

November 8th marks a very important date in our house now.  It's the day that Lucy asked Jesus to be her Lord and Savior by inviting Him into her heart.  It was during the time of all the earthquakes.  We were eating lunch, and I was reading the Bible and had said out loud that I thought Jesus was going to be coming soon because it says there will be earthquakes is diverse places.  Lucy started to cry and said that she didn't want Jesus to come yet.  I asked her why and she said because she loved our house and the way everything is right now.  So we talked about heaven and how perfect it is, and even our favorite things on earth cannot compare to what the Lord has for us in heaven.  So then we talked about how all of those who have asked Christ into their heart would go to be with him in heaven, which is our family and a lot of our friends.  I then asked her to tell me why we have to ask Jesus into our life and accept His free gift He has given us in order to go to heaven.  She told me all about Jesus being perfect and having to be nailed to the cross and suffer for our sins.  I asked her what happened then.  She said he died, and then he rose again on teh 3rd day.  She understood what rose again meant and she understood that it was the only way that death could be defeated and that we could be forgiven and made clean.  It was a beautiful thing to listen to my little girl understand what I have prayed for her since the day I found out I was pregnant.  I remember going for a long walk after I took my pregnancy test.  Mike was still sleeping, so I hadn't even told him.  I walked and prayed for this life that was in my tummy that he or she would come to know Jesus at a young age and would bring Him much glory in life.  So here we are on November 8th and Lucy wanted to pray and ask Him in forever.  She asked me what she was supposed to say, and I told her just tell Him thank you for the sacrifice that He made for her and that you love Him and want Him to come live in your life forever.  She said "that's all."  I said yes.  So she prayed while I sat their crying as the heavens rejoiced over another won soul!  We started to call people to tell them, but it was almost as if she was kind of embarassed about telling people.  So we talked about how we need to be bold and confident in Christ as the Bible tells us, and she did start telling people loudly and proudly of the choice she had made.  We are very proud of her.  We celebrated by taking her to Mardell to pick out her own big girl Bible.  I told her not to pick the Bible that she thought was the prettiest, but to look through them and pick the one that she would read.  So she picked a Veggie Tale Bible that has good explanations of passages in the margins and some cartoon Bible stories like their movies.  We also went to Chick-fil-a to eat and play.

It was amazing to see the Holy Spirit work in her little life. She had been having trouble with lying to us because she thought she would get in trouble, but since then we have not had that problem. It was like it was a spiritual warfare in her body as she was coming closer to knowing Christ. Lucy is an amazing little girl with a gentle spirit, and it's going to be amazing to see what she is going to do in her life to bring God glory. There are so many things I pray about for our children, but it's such a blessing to know her eternity is secure in Christ.

No comments: