Laekin is 14 months old. She still isn't walking by herself, but she sure is proud when we hold her hands and help her walk. Laekin is our comic relief. Oh the faces that she makes at us...and she knows she is funny because she will laugh after making us laugh. She will pretend to drink coffee and even follow it up with a mmm or an ahhh. She will snuggle with me so nice and if Michael tries to take her away for his own snuggle time, she will bury her head in my shoulder, squeeze tight with one arm, and push him away with her chubby little hand. It's pretty cute! She also will lift my shirt on my back if I am lying on my tummy and blow raspberries. She doesn't like when Lucy or Brandt try to make her do what she doesn't like. She has a mind of her own and she will let you know if you are not cooperating with it. She loves to crawl up in the little chairs or her rocking chair. She will eat crayons if you don't watch her carefully while we are coloring....never had a crayon eater before, or maybe I just never had so many distractions that they didn't get a chance. Who knows! Laekin loves bath time, loves being outside, loves watching Lucy and Brandt and loves being held!!! Oh my, the things I can do with 1 hand...perhaps that is why she is not walking yet, but I don't care. She's my baby. Last night I told Laekin I was sorry because I feel like she is getting the leftovers of me. It makes me sad, but it's reality, and maybe that's why I will cook with 1 hand, carry laundry upstairs on my hip, hold you while I am on the toilet, and look awful when we go out b/c there wasn't time for a shower.... just so I can hold my girl more. I love you so much, Laekin!!
My sweet boy is really turning into a boy. He will make a sandwich into a gun, find a rock and stick wherever we go and insist we bring it home, listen partially and is full of constant energy. He is also becoming that brother who likes to annoy his sister...Laekin that is. He will stand right in front of her when she is trying to walk, pull her down the stairs when she wants to play upstairs, and try to hold her when she doesn't want to be held. I don't even think he does it to bother her because he will say "mama, I just love her so much." I've even heard him telling her that he loves her when they were playing on the floor and no one else was around. It was quite sweet. Brandt started wearing his underwear to bed in October. He stayed dry long enough that we decided to give it a try, and a month later he is still doing great. Yea!!! He said "now I'm a big boy." He is also learning his letters. He's been working hard on learning them because he wants to know how to read. He will write me letters like Lucy does and say "mama, what does it say," so I will make something up and he is quite proud of himself. We are quite proud of you too, Brandt! You haven't had a Sunday School teacher yet that hasn't been in love with you :) I can't blame them, my heart is overflowing with love for you.
Lucy is doing great in school. She works diligently most of the time. Reading is her favorite. She doesn't really like writing stories in English, but she is starting to like is a little more each time. She is pretty good at it when she can just write and not follow rules. She also took another Young Rembrandt's art class this semester. She enjoyed the 1hr a week drawing and learning new skills. It's amazing to see what she can make it an hour. My Mom has given Lucy a few piano lessons, but we need to get it tuned before she has anymore. The other day she told me that "she just knows she is going to be really good at playing the piano." She's got the confidence down. When Lucy is done with school, she is excited to run off and play with Brandt. They will build forts, play outside, play house, color, fight, be best friends, and then start again! Lucy loves Jesus!! No question about that...today she saw a shirt at the store and it had stars on in and she said "mama, I think you will love this shirt because it is full of the stars that God made." She makes up songs about His love for us and then performs it. She even loves to tell Brandt about Jesus. It's amazing to see how she has grown spiritually in a 6 year old body in 1 year since asking Christ into her life. Sweet Lucy, Jesus has big plans for you!! You make my heart sing... I love you so much!
Each day is full and my list (mostly mentally these days, and I forget 1/2 of it until I sit down at night) is never completed. I pray about how I can do better tomorrow each night as I am lying with the kids after prayer or driving to workout. A lot of days I feel like I failed, but I am trying. The Holy Spirit gently comforts me and guides me! Lucy, Brandt and Laekin... I will fail you a lot. I don't mean to, but I am a sinner only saved by grace. I love being your Mommy, teacher and friend. There is no other place that I would want to be except home with you. These days are precious to me and they fly by too quickly. I pray you always feel the importance you have to Daddy and me! We are so thankful for each of you.
Saturday, November 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment