Friday, August 1, 2008

Funny Lucy

I love having a 2 year old. The things that Lucy comes up with are just hilarious and the way she says it makes it all the more funny. She thinks it is so funny to take your spot when you get up. So I was reading in bed and I got up to go to the bathroom and she comes in the room, climbs into bed, picks up my book and pretends to read it. When I come back, she peeks from behind the book and says "I took your pot." She misses the "s" on a lot of words and I love it! She will say "mommy, a pider, get it." I even encourage the mispronunciation because I like it and I know it will end too soon.

Last night we were rocking before bed and when we finished praying I told Lucy that Jesus loves her very much. She said "Jesus loves Mommy and Jesus loves Daddy" and she continued on with just about everyone in our family. Well, she has 2 Uncle Mark's so we are always trying to think of a way to distinguish them, and last night she came up with her very own way. She said "Jesus loves Uncle Mark without glasses and Uncle Mark with glasses."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh that is tooo precious, I need to come see that sweet little girl oh and you of course.haha (when I'm around babies I seem to forget about the adults) You and Mike could bring her to see us!!! So happy for you for adding to your sweet family. love, traci's mom

Anonymous said...

That is sooo funny! I told one of uncle Mark's about it and he just laughed and laughed... These kiddos, where do they get the things they say???

Love ya and hopefully see you soon,
Marilee