We made a short trip to Branson for a few days with my parents. They were on their way back home and have Silver Dollar City season passes, so we went along with them. We stopped at Lambert's on the way there, and thought it was overrated, except for the rolls... delicious! Besides Silver Dollar City, we went to the Sight and Sound Theatre and saw Noah, the Musical. It was a good production and Lucy liked all the animals. Silver Dollar City was so much fun. The weather was perfect and it wasn't very busy so Michael got to ride all the rides over and over again without waiting in line... he was loving that! Lucy liked the train ride and the children's area, and of course all the sugar she had!! What can I say, Grandma was along. Michael kept talking about the Giant Barn Swing, so Lucy was all about going on the swings and couldn't understand why she wasn't going. Thankfully, they have a new children's area and she was just tall enough to ride the rides and they had swings. She loved those the most... Michael and her just kept riding them over and over again. They also had a roller coaster, which Michael was going to take her on, but he didn't fit in the car and pregnant ladies aren't suppose to go on, so my Mom took her. My Mom said after the first hill she turned and said "Grandma, this is scary." My Mom completely agreed with her!! They didn't go on it again.


So you always hear that kids are like sponges, they absorb everything. Well, Lucy proved that to be so true because when we were parking once I became a little bossy and was saying, Michael go over there and directing him to a spot and than I realized that I sounded like my Grandma who would always tell whoever was driving to go park under that tree... so we started laughing about that. Anyhow, the next day Michael was parking and Lucy said, hey Daddy, go park under that tree. Oh, we laughed so hard, and she just thought she was hilarious! Such personality!!!
Here's a few pictures from our trip....
3 comments:
I loved going to Branson as a kid...haven't been back in ages. I love the picture with the pumpkins. I'm LONGING for fall! How are you feeling? Ready for baby #2? Will you be heading to JBU in a few weeks? You need to write a blog dedicated to all of my ?'s...sorry. Give Lucy big squeezes for me.
We are taking the kids and will be there both Fri and Sat. What about you guys?
I love Branson and I agree with the overrated, especially with the wait! Loved your pictures.
You need to write more often!
Marilee
Post a Comment