Usually Lucy is a Mommy's girl, but the past few days she has been telling Michael that he is her sweet girl. Just what every man wants to hear. Well, for Michael it is, because this morning he asked Lucy if he was still her sweet girl today and she said yes. She sent a big man off to work very happy!! We all know though that she is still a mommy's girl.
I know this blog is about Lucy, but I need to vent. So I had a really bad appointment yesterday. When I got to the doctor's office, they told me that I would be seeing a different doctor because my doctor's 19 year old son died last week. Isn't that just horrible!! So, I knew that this new doctor wasn't married and young, so I said can I see someone else and they said next week we can make an appointment with one of the other doctors. So anyhow, he comes in the room to check me and than do the ultrasound. He was trying to get a good heartbeat and actually told me that the baby is making it very difficult to get the heartbeat because it's moving all over the place. So I said to him, well you did just poke the baby in the head. So, we move on... I tell him that we don't want to know the sex and I ask him if we can do an estimate on the baby's weight because that's what my doctor had planned for this week. Well, he goes on to tell me that you can't get the actual weight of the baby through an ultrasound that it could be a pound more or a pound less. I said, I know, but it's just for fun. So, he starts and he is moving up my tummy a little high, so I say, remember we don't want to know the sex of the baby. He tells me that I better look away then because if I want him to do this than he has to measure the leg. So I told him that I'd rather not know the weight if there is a possibility of seeing something, but he ignored me and continued. Well, let me tell you, he took FOREVER and pushed so hard on my tummy, and I had to pee. Then he finally gets the weight and I had to point it out to him on the screen where it was at... come on, are you kidding me. It was 5lbs, 4oz. I am pretty sure he did it WRONG because come on Lucy was 8.5lbs and do Mike and I really look like we can have a small baby. So, I said to him, the baby usually gains about 1/2 lb or so a week, right. He said, no, the baby might not gain anymore weight. Now am I wrong or does a baby continue to gain until the end? I really felt a bit smarter than him at this point. Plus, when he first started the ultrasound he didn't turn the screen so I could see and I kept asking him to turn it and he ignored me, so finally I grabbed the screen and turned it. So just to put the icing on the cake, he asked me if I had any questions and then walked out the door without even turning the light on for us. He's a real gem!!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
wow. so sorry. sounds like you'll be asking for another doc i hope. to my knowledge, yes, babies grow till the end (my dr. estimated that both my boys grew over a pound in the last 2 weeks of their time in my tummy). anyway, sorry about that...maybe you should've peed your pants and let him clean it up. sorry...is that crass and rude?
Run, Erin, run. I hope you get a better doctor for delivery. You deserve MUCH better. You should have peed on him...that would've been classic.
Oh my goodness Erin, you have every right to vent!!! And I sure hope you are looking for another doctor for the delivery. Even though this doctor was kind of quacky remember that the good thing is, is that the baby is healthy and strong. And yes you are right the baby gains a lot of weigh at the end. Isabel missed out on her last month of weight gain and was super small so continue with your gut instinct...remember mom knows best :) We are praying for you!
Post a Comment