Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cheesing

Last night we were playing a game, and Mike was cheating and teasing me. So I was telling him to stop cheating and teasing me, and so when it was Lucy's turn she turned to Mike and said "stop cheesing me, Daddy." We laughed so hard. I tell you what, that girl says the funniest things. She also calls memory game "rememory game."

We do have a potty-trained little girl. My parents gave her a Elmo coloring book that had a potty chart in it. So the day after her birthday, we put the chart up on the pantry door and every time she went to the bathroom she would put a sticker on the chart. She has only had 2 accidents since then and that was 2 1/2 weeks ago. I think turning 3 helped also because she will say things like, if I potty in my pants then I will be 2 again. I try to explain that she will never be 2 again, but hey whatever works in her little mind is good with me.

As for our little Tankers, he is such a sweet baby. He was sleeping through the night until he discovered how to roll over. So at least once a night we have to go up and roll him back over. Thankfully, he goes right back to sleep. He does wake up cooing in the morning while looking at his mobile, it's just so sweet!! Just so I remember this... things that warm my heart right now about him... the way he likes to press his cheek up against mine, the way he eats my face whenever he gets hungry and just to give me kisses, they way he will stick all his fingers in his mouth except for the pointer finger which will be next to his nose, the way he kicks his legs and waves his arms when I come to pick him up, the way he squeals and laughs on his changing table, and the way he plays with his tongue. Mike also taught him how to give "five"... his hands are always moving, so while he was hitting Mike's hands, he kept saying give me 5 and now he just does it when Mike asks him. I remember this from Lucy, how it is so hard to watch them grow out of little clothes, but how much fun each stage is.

No comments: