It's official... I have a 6month old. We started solids on Sunday. I took the non-traditional approach and started him on egg yolk. Lucy never had a problem with digestion, in fact, I'm not sure the girl ever spit up. Mr. Tankers on the other hand has been spitting up since he was 2 weeks old. He is getting better as he gets older, but because of that I have done a lot of research and found that whole grains are one of the last things that their little bodies learn to digest easily. Babies bodies easily digest fats and proteins because that is basically what mama's milk is made up of. So Michael was very excited about that, in fact, he was all about making meat shakes for Brandt. I couldn't quite go there. I also read that you can start babies out on fruits, veggies and egg yolks, especially eggs from chickens that are free-range and feed mulit-grain and flax seed because the yolk will contain higher amounts of omega 3's. It's funny because I must have read this one article 5 times and kept praying about what would work for Mr. Tankers and then one day I just saw it and felt peace that egg yolk was the answer. So, Sunday afternoon we fed him egg yolk watered down with my milk. He made some funny faces all while smiling and really not sure what to do. He really didn't eat much, but the next day he ate a little more and I'm sure today he will do even better. He looks really proud of himself while eating, it's quite cute. I made a bunch of carrots and pears the other day also, so we will slowly start adding things in. I can't believe my baby is eating food... it's bittersweet because he's growing so quickly. He's making such loud noises and one of my favorite things is when he grabs my hair or my face with both hands and gives me the biggest open mouth kiss... so slobbery and so sweet! I love that Lucy will lie down next him and talk in a high pitch voice saying "I love you, oh yes, I do," or if he is fussing she will say, "it's okay, Brandt, it's okay." She always informs me of what he is doing in car... "mommy, brandt is sucking on his binky holder... mommy, brandt has his hand in his mouth." That boy is not going to get away with anything because big sissy will be informing me of everything.
As for Lucy, well, she is a ham. She is our entertainment. Michael's sister asked if Lucy could come spend 6 days with them, and when I told Mike, he said "hmm, I don't know if I like that idea. She might be fine, but I don't think I would be." How sweet is that! There's just something about a Daddy who will play house and have tea parties with his little girl. It's precious! So, needless to say, Lucy isn't going away this summer, maybe next year. Her birthday was on Easter, so it was quite the sugar-filled day. It was a soggy and cold birthday again, but we had a great time. Lucy found her Easter basket and had a piece of candy before even having breakfast. Then we had her birthday breakfast and we got ready for church. We went to church, came home and had 15 of us for Easter dinner, then the rest of the family came over for her party, and we had 15 kids and 16 adults. It was a busy house. I think birthday's are just as special for the Mommy as it is for the child because the day is just filled with so many memories. It was a very special Easter celebrating the gift of salvation and the gift of Lucy. Yes, I did cry quite a bit that day.
We go to the doctor at the end of the week for their check-ups and we will see just how big my babies have gotten.
1 comment:
They look like they miss their Aunt Marilee!
Post a Comment