Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The last few weeks....

Every night before I go to bed I go upstairs to make sure the kids are covered, give them one more kiss and just stare at them a bit while they are sleeping. Well, this is how I found little man one night. It doesn't look too comfy, but I have found him like this more than once, so apparently, he likes it. Last night when I looked in on him, he looked so big. I came down a little teary eyed and told Mike that our little baby is getting so big so fast. I can't believe that a year ago I was still impatiently waiting to feel better and now he is almost 7 months old and a very LOUD squealer.... wow! He's happy though, but even Lucy sometimes says "shh, be quiet."


I put a baby einstein show on for Brandt while I was making dinner one night, and Lucy was playing house upstairs. Well, I looked in the living room and this is how I found her. I think this picture pretty much tells us how she feels about her baby brother. She is such a great big sister. She is always telling him how much she loves him. I sometimes even find her under his jungle gym with him talking in her high pitch voice that she only uses for him.



Brandt really is enjoying food, which you cannot tell at all from this picture. He woke up from a nap and was hungry, so I put him in his high chair to give him solids first, which did not please him, he was crying. Then, I gave him green beans, which did not please him even more. He was making the funniest faces and crying with each bite as he would push the green beans out of his mouth. We did finally give up on the green beans, but the next day we tried again and we had success... he ate them all without crying, spitting them out or making faces. His little eye brows get so red when he cries.

Here's Lucy and her cousin Gracie at a family wedding we went to a few weeks ago. They both got coordinating dresses from their Aunt Melissa for their birthday's. Aren't they so cute?

Brandt likes his toes... a lot! He'll put both big toes in his mouth at the same time and suck. It's pretty funny. I love his expression on this picture. He's a keeper!!
Last night the kids and I ran to Kohl's. Well, Lucy likes to get a book and look at it while I scope out deals. We didn't get a cart, so she was looking for a place to sit and look at her book. So we are passing the bedding department and they had a bench with a cushion and pillows on it, and she says "Mommy, I just found the perfect place to read my book." She said is so sweetly, it just cracked me up that we had to stop for a bit so she could climb up there and read her book.
Last week, Lucy and Mike were playing with star wars lego's. She was playing with one of the figurines that came with it. So Mike said, you have Obiwon (I think that's how Mike spelled it). She said "well, how old is your guy." We just started laughing and the she said, "I think he is 32." I think so too, Lucy :)

No comments: