Friday, January 8, 2010

Walking

On Tuesday, January 5th, I was sitting on the floor and Brandt was standing by the ottoman and all of a sudden he was standing by me. I thought, did he just walk. I stood him up, backed up a bit and said, come here Brandt and he took 2 steps to me. I started screaming. Lucy and my nephew Mason were hollering too. My other nephew, Riley, runs down stairs, wrapped in a towel because he had just gotten out of the shower and asks what is going on. We told him that Brandt walked. So we all went to hurry Mike out of the shower so he could see Brandt do it. Once Mike was dressed, he stood him a ways back from me and told him to walk to mommy. We thought he would take his 2 steps and fall down, but he walked 5 steps. We were all excited and Brandt just starts clapping away because we were saying good job. It was very cute. He didn't walk again for a few days, so we still haven't caught him on video. He seems to just sit down when we get the camcorder out. It's bitter sweet, just like all of growing up, he's learning something new, but soon my baby will be a toddler.

I am so proud of you, Brandt! You are achieving your milestones at your own pace and with grace! We love you.

No comments: