Lucy loves to go the the library. She picks out books to read during her rest time in bed, and helps Brandt find books that he will like also. So she works hard on her reading every day, and we are amazed at how fast she is getting and the words she can sound out. We will take turns reading a page on larger books and she moves my finger if I run it under the words she is reading. So now we have gotten a spelling book and are working on that because she is always writing or drawing and asking how to spell certain words. I'm still prayerfully considering homeschooling because I don't want her love for learning to get lost or slowed down. It's so hard knowing what to do. I was just looking back at pictures of Lucy last year, and she still had the chubby little toddler face compared to now. She is looking like such a big girl.
Lucy is such a monkey... she crawls all over the swing set. She is getting so strong. We go for 2 mile walks and she rides her bike the whole way. She gets pretty tired and Mike has to push her up some of the huge hills on the trail, but she does it. She is so proud of herself when we get home.
Today after we finished reading a story we were talking about how the holidays are coming up and that Daddy will be home more often because he has so much vacation. So then she said "you know what my favorite part of Christmas is?" I started to guess...that Daddy is home more, that we get to bake cookies, that we go to Grandma and Papa's and Grammy and Papa's... of all which she answered, "oh I do like that, but that's not my favorite." I was trying to completely avoid saying Christmas presents because I was afraid that was what it was. So finally I gave up and said so what is your favorite part. She said "that Jesus was born." I am starting to cry all over again just typing this, and of course I started crying and hugging her right after she said it. I said, you've got it, that's right! And here I was afraid she would say presents when she said what our greatest gift of all is, Jesus Christ. This precious girl amazes me daily. I am so blessed to be her mommy!!
Friday, October 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that made me cry. what a joy to have little ones who capture the love of Jesus at such a young age. we are blessed my friend.
Post a Comment