Sunday, November 20, 2011

Homeschooling

Lucy started kindergarten this year, and I am blessed to be her teacher. Our first day of school was supposed to be before Laekin was born, but because she surprised us and came early, our first day of school was put off until the day after Labor Day. I told Mike that I had the shortest maternity leave ever...1 week. 
 Homeschooling has been great.  We do school every day, but not necessarily at any set time.  Lucy has been great about being flexible because when you have a newborn and she needs to eat, well, it's time to take a break no matter where we are at.  Sometimes we don't even start until Brandt is napping in the afternoon, but he has been great about sitting with us and coloring or going up to his room and playing.  Thankfully, it only takes about 2 hours a day + her 30 minutes of reading, so we are done fairly quickly.  It's been amazing to see how her penmanship has improved these past 11 weeks.  She really is a great student.  A blessing to teach!

No comments: