Friday, September 7, 2012

Laekin's 1

I'm not sure where the year went.  I keep looking at Laekin's newborn picture in her room and then at this big girl sitting on the floor grinning at me with all 4 teeth.  I love those days and I love these days!  It's just such a blessing to be a mama.

Laekin is a very busy girl.  She loves to crawl upstairs and explore Lucy and Brandt's rooms.  They are very good about letting her do that.  We try to block Laekin in the living room because she can go up the stairs, but she hasn't learned how to go down backwards yet.  So we block all the main areas off, which worked with Lucy and Brandt, but this stinker discovered the hole between the chair and end table very quickly and makes her break.  She has to crawl through the kitchen and around to the stairs, so we have about 1 minute and she is crawling back up the stairs again.  She is quite persistent too because we will pick her up, put her on the other side of the ottoman and she goes for her break out again.  What's funny is that she will pause at the bottom of the steps and wait for me to grab her up, or right when I am bending down to grab her, she will laugh and try to take off up the steps.  This girl of mine is crack-up!! 

Miss Laekin started cruising on her birthday, and every now and then she will be busy with something in her hand and stand on her own for a little bit.  I think she will be like Brandt and start walking around 14 months, but I guess we will see.

Laekin loves her Daddy...she says "Dada" all day long.  She will give him kisses and lay her head down on his shoulder for a while when he comes home from work  I will say "say, mama" and she will say "dada."  We have this conversation often throughout the day... I really think she likes teasing me.

Laekin loves butterfly kisses...she will giggle and then lean in for some more after she stops laughing.  She also loves the BIBLE, just like Brandt did.  We finish the song and she signs for more.  I love the way she signs more...she does it so carefully and with her 2 pointer fingers.  It's quite cute!!

Laekin loves to take her bows out of her hair...she will check the top of her head sometime to see if it is there, so she can take it out, even if she doesn't have one in. 

Laekin will be crawling across the floor and if it is carpet, she will all of a sudden lay her head down on the carpet to take a rest.  If you say something to her, she will pop her head up and flash you her smile.  She's just such a happy baby girl!

Brandt loves his Laekin...he's very protective of her.  He will lay across the steps and yell for me that Laekin is trying to get up the steps and I need to come quick.  When she wakes up from her naps, he always runs up there to give her toys and talk to her before I get her out of bed.  He is always giving her kisses and telling her that he loves her.  He takes his big brother job very seriously.

Lucy is very proud of her, and she loves to match Laekin.  She takes very good care of her, gives her a lot of kisses and hugs and always tells her that she loves her. 

Laekin has so many expressions...she just makes us laugh at all the faces she makes.  She loves music.  Whenever she hears music she starts moving and smiling. 

Laekin signs please, more, thank you and all done by herself now...well, thank you and please need reminding :)  I find signing so amazing at how they communicate with us.  She looks so pleased with herself when she does it. 

Laekin, we love you so much and have enjoyed this year with you!  You are loved by everyone you meet, and the Lord truly answers our prayers that you will bring joy to others each day.  We can't imagine life without you. 

No comments: