Thursday, September 25, 2014

Catching Up

This was written in Spring 2014 and never got posted...




I wish I had a video camera following Laekin around because everything she says is just so cute!  Some of my fav translations....


coughcough - washcloth
him cute - he's cute
my paint still on - nail polish is still on her toes
sop sops - flip flops
I love when she prays... an example... tick tock go clock, now I pray, tank you for mommy, dada, sissy, bubbey, (clicks her tongue and says um a dozen times), papa go in airplane (clicks her tongue and says um another dozen times), tank you for John (because one night we couldn't figure out what she was saying, apparently it was Jen, but we thought she was saying John...don't know a John, but now she thinks it is funny), food, beds sleep in (clicks tongue over and over again and says um), go to liberry, mommy, dada, sissy, bubbey, go to ella's house (clicks tongue again and then I say in Jesus name amen and she says no mommy, not finished) and then says tick tock goes the clock, now I pray, mommy, dada, sissy bubbey (clicks tongue says um and then proceeds to ask me questions about something that happened so she can pray).  Then all of a sudden she says in jesus name, amen!


The other night Mike fell asleep while we were reading still, so I woke him up because we were going to pray.  So Laekin starts and all of a sudden Mike is sleeping.  So I shake him and say Laekin is praying....so Laekin continues her prayer...tank you mommy open her eyes when I pray and daddy sleeping.  I just busted out laughing and then she thought it was so funny and kept saying it over and over again.  The girl is a hoot!!

No comments: