Thursday, September 25, 2014

Time is flying

Last night, Laekin was praying and she said "dear Jesus, thank you for food, 5 food, um 2 food, and she kept going on."  I said, Laekin, we're praying not counting.  So she said, "oh, ok" and started again and then wanted help.  When we finished praying, it dawned on me that in her little mind she hears thank you 4 food, so then she continued on with other numbers.  We all laughed so hard once again at the cute things she does.




Laekin turned 3 years old, Brandt started kindergarten and Lucy is in 3rd grade.  It's hard to believe that our kids are getting so big!  We were talking about hobbies in school yesterday, and I was giving example of hobbies and Brandt said, and you're hobby is cooking and cleaning the kitchen.  He also told me a few months ago, "mama, I know your favorite things to do...cook and clean the kitchen." So apparently because I do a lot of it, Brandt thinks it's what I love to do.  I told him I do like cooking, but I just clean the kitchen because I have to.  I'm glad he thinks I love to do it because I guess that means I'm not complaining! 
Brandt learned to ride a two-wheeler this month, and Lucy went on all the roller coaster at Silver Dollar City this month when we went.  So those were big accomplishments that were fun to see because they were so proud of themselves. 
Laekin loves her Sissy and Bubba...whenever I give them choices of something she will pick something and then hear their choice and say "actually" and then choose what they did.  I'm thankful our kids are the best of friends...they love to play together when we aren't working on school, they love sleepovers in each other's rooms, and Lucy has really been showing us that she is thinking of them before herself which makes my heart happy!  I'm so thankful for our children, even though each day is a challenge to accomplish all that we have to do.  I will never look back and wish I hadn't homeschooled. 

No comments: