Thursday, March 31, 2016

Adventures with Brooklyn

Brookie is the 4th child who refuses to be ignored.  She has quite the loud voice, which she trained while screaming the 1st 6weeks of her life because of acid reflux.  After she got on medicine she was a much more content baby, that is with Mama.  She didn't want to be held by even Grandma...crazy girl didn't realize that will be her candy supply one day.  Brookie didn't laugh until she was almost 5 months old.  She was sitting on the bumbo on the counter in the kitchen while I was making dinner.  She kept turning around and grabbing the cookie jar.  I said "who has her hand in the cookie jar" and she just started laughing over and over every time I said it.  So we were all excited that Brooklyn started laughing.  Well, it was about 2 months later when she started laughing again.  I noticed that after she got off her acid reflux medicine she was a more smiley and giggly baby.  I don't know if it is related at all, but I thought that was interesting.  She loves to laugh and smile now.  Brooklyn learns so quickly.  She started doing "so big" at about 6 months old after only doing it a few times.  She learned to wave bye-bye at 8 months.  She started blowing kisses, doing some sign language, and making fishy face in her 9 month.  She is not crawling, but that's because I do not encourage mobility....come on she is the 4th child and that's going to make everything very difficult.  She is a great sleeper and I love that when we walk up to her room, rock for a bit and then walk over to her bed, she pops her thumb in her mouth before I even lay her down.  She showed me her determine side in sleep training, as in I think it took 2 months, but she is great now!  One determined person versus another determined person.  As that is in feeding time with food.  I seriously thought, she would be good with nursing forever and never want food.  Wow!  It has been a battle, but the last 2 nights, she has eaten like a champ and loves beets of all things.  Here's some dates for me to remember...

Feb 8th - First tooth
Feb 15th - sat up without help
Feb 23rd - waved
March 2nd - clapped to happy and you know it
March 21st - Brooklyn sat up in bed

No comments: