So our baby girl is almost 10 months old and I am finally getting around to write about her birth before I forget it. Such is life for the 4th baby!
June 4th, 2015...we checked into the hospital at 6am to be induced because you did not want to come out and you were 12 days late. Dr. Williamson didn't want to go past that just to be safe. Apparently, is was a good thing you didn't come the night before because I was told there were no beds available. So, I got changed and the nurse got started with inducing me about 7:00. About 9:00 the contractions started to get harder, so I requested an epidural. So at about 10:00 I got the epidural. I was so nervous because with Laekin I had gotten the spinal headache when they punctured my spine. Thankfully, we didn't have that problem, but unfortunately not all of the epidural took. There was a spot on the left side that refused to go numb, and oh mercy did that hurt. Dr. Williamson was busy with a surgery on the next floor, and I had just finished getting the epidural when he checked in on me. Since, I didn't know the epidural didn't take, he thought I would be fine to wait a little longer even though I was dilating quickly...I mean 12 days late and 4th baby, that make sense :) They kept giving me more and more medicine trying to numb that spot, but it only deadened my right leg so that it felt like a log. It worked out because I had to get a shot in my leg to bring my blood pressure back up when it started dropping below 90. Anyhow, the doctor finally came back and we got ready to go. 3 or 4 pushes and sweet baby Brooklyn Charlie was born at 12:16pm, 7lbs, 10oz and 21in long with a full head of dark hair and just perfect! It was a pretty uneventful delivery with a precious baby in the end. I actually had to wait in labor and delivery until 7:00 before they had a room for me to go to. Just as they were about to move me, everyone had come up to see you at the same time. So we had a processional through the halls of the hospital on the way to the room. Papa and Grandma brought Sissy, Bubbey and Laekey up to see you. They were in love and 10 months later they still are!
Thursday, March 31, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment