Monday, March 3, 2008
Get Out
On Saturday, Lucy refused to nap. I was gone and Mike put her down around 1:00. I called on my way home, around 2:30 and she still wasn't sleeping. So I told Mike to go and check for poopie because who wants to sleep in poopie pants, although she has before. So I get home and he is coming down the stairs with her and a poopie diaper. We get a drink and head back up stairs because of course she was just wanting to rock with her Mommy. Well, she was not wanting to rock so I put her to bed. Mike and I decided that we would go to the park when she woke up because it was such a nice day. So we were doing some things around the house and Lucy was still not sleeping. So since it was after 3:00, we decided to just get her up and go to the park. So Mike goes to get his shoes and I am in the kitchen when I hear Lucy on the stairs, saying "get out". I thought, wow, Mike got her out really fast. So as I am coming into the living room, I see Mike standing by the stairs looking at Lucy confused and I see Lucy standing on the stairs saying "get out, Mommy", "get out, Daddy" and looking very proud. Mike said, did you get her out. I was like oh my goodness, she crawled out of bed. We didn't even hear a big thud or anything. So I take Lucy upstairs, stick her back in bed and asked her to show me how she got out. She said, like this and then proceeded to lift her leg over the bar. I said, okay, that is dangerous, let's not do that anymore because you can get hurt. Well, she did it again this morning... she must do it very gracefully because she is quite quiet. So, once again, life as I knew it is now over. Here come the terrible 2's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Time for a big girl bed!!!
Aunt Marilee
Post a Comment