Monday, March 24, 2008

Lucy Lipstick

What a nickname, hey. Where did she get it from, you ask? Well, let me tell you. My sister and I embarked on the LONG trip with our kids for spring break last week up to Wisconsin. We had a great time up there except for Thursday afternoon. I put Lucy down for a nap and after I thought she was asleep, we went downstairs in the basement to watch Biggest Loser that we tivo'd. About an hour later, my Mom yelled down to me that she didn't think Lucy was asleep yet because she just heard her yell, "get out." Well, if you remember from a previous post, that means she got out of bed. So I go upstairs and open the door (she can't open the doors in my parents house otherwise she would have come out) and oh my word, what a mess!! She had gotten in my purse and used a whole tube of lipstick on her, the carpeting, the walls, and the bed. She then went in her diaper bag and found suckers I had stuck in there for entertainment in stores and ate them. So she was covered from head to toe in lipstick and sticky sucker juice. I wish now that I had a picture to share, but at the time I was in panic mode, shocked and too upset to take a picture. After scrubbing the carpeting and shampooing it, we did get it cleaned up, but her shirt was ruined from the lipstick. Oh it was such a mess. So yesterday, when we went to my cousins house for Easter dinner, they were all calling her Lucy Lipstick.

Friday was a very exciting day, it snowed!! It didn't just snow a little, it was 15 inches of white sparkles from heaven. It was so beautiful and the kids had a blast in it. Here they are with Grandpa in the snow. This was before the heaviest part of the storm even started and look at all that snow. It snowed from like 6am to midnight. Thank goodness my brother gave my Dad a snowblower, otherwise I would have had one sore back from shoveling since it was my prayer for snow :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baylor hasn't colored the walls/carpet with lipstick yet, but she's certainly covered her face and body with it. She got my brown lipliner and drew "stripes" on her skin so that she could be a tiger. Needless to say, it was the waterproof lip liner that stays on for what seems like years. She looked REALLY cute at church the next morning.
I'm glad you had a fun spring break. Claudia

Jana said...

What an adorable story.... I love the nickname.

Anonymous said...

I could seriously use some company!!!! I'm just sayin'......