Although I did complain about losing an hour of sleep on my birthday, it was pretty nice for it to be lighter longer last night, and it was such a beautiful night. The kids had fun in the backyard. Michael had them lined up against the house for the races, even Lucy. She was down in position and when Michael would say ready, set, go, most the kids would be half way across the yard and she would be just coming up to take off. She also looked like a gem in her denim dress, black tights and pink shoes.... she LOVES pink. It was a great day!! Thank you to everyone who helped make it special.
Monday, March 10, 2008
It's my party and I'll cry if I want to....
But I didn't because yesterday was a really great day. It's not so bad turning 29 once again. Michael and Lucy started my day off by making me breakfast in bed. After church we went to the Olive Garden for lunch. It was yummy and Michael was very sneaky and told the waiter it was my birthday. So I got a little chocolate cake and the waiters sang to me after announcing that it was my 21st birthday...he got a good tip. While we were eating the cake Lucy decided she would sing to me too. So she sang happy birthday mommy over and over again, and quite loudly might I add, while standing on a chair. It was quite the performance. We then went home and watched a movie while Lucy napped. Then last night Mike invited over family, 23 of us, to enjoy some yummy turtle cheesecake that Michael made on Saturday. That's right, you read it correctly, that Michael made. He found the cheesecake factory recipe for turtle cheesecake and made it Saturday afternoon. He was pretty cute, especially when he excitedly said, this is fun!! While he was making the topping, I said, that chocolate looks yummy and he said, it's not chocolate, it's ganache. Excuse me, Martha :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Erin! I am so glad you caught up to me. 29 is a great age. And your cheescake with ganache looks mighty tasty.
What a lucky 29 year old you are having a husband who will make you such a lovely cake... Happy Birthday!! Glad you had a good one, you so deserve it. We had fun with you guys last Friday.... Have a safe trip this week!!!
What a lucky 29 year old you are having a husband who will make you such a lovely cake... Happy Birthday!! Glad you had a good one, you so deserve it. We had fun with you guys last Friday.... Have a safe trip this week!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIN!!!! I am sooo lame. I am sorry I am sooo late!! I am terrible at remembering birthdays! (ask my family!)
I hope you had a great day... and i am so impressed with Mike. Tell him he is making Jorge look bad!!
Post a Comment