Sunday, April 20, 2008

Catching up

I haven't posted about our trip to Florida or Lucy's birthday, so I am going to do it all in one today. We went to Florida the first week of April to visit my Grandma. Lucy LOVED being at Great-Grandma's house, #1 because she had a pool, #2 because it is a retirement center so Lucy was quite the entertainment, and #3 because she had a lot of goodies from Grandma!! We spent the week there and enjoyed swimming everyday. Lucy was a fish, which doesn't surprise me because I was too. The first day in the pool she had her water wings on and couldn't quite get balanced so she kept tipping over, but by the second day she was swimming all over. At the end of the week she was jumping into the pool without me catching her. We went to the beach one day, but Lucy liked the pool better. The ocean was cold, the sand was blew in her face, and the seagulls attacked us to get our crackers. I'm not kidding. We opened the bag of crackers up and there were about 25 seagulls right above our head.... freaked me out, which freaked Lucy out, and what does Michael do, he feeds them! So Lucy got to eat one cracker and we saved the rest for the car where we were safe.

Lucy turned 2 last Saturday. If you would ask her what today is, she would yell "it's my
birfday" and give you a big cheesy grin. She loves singing happy birthday to anyone and for us to be singing it to her just thrilled her!! We had a double birthday party with my cousin's little boy, Grayson, because they were born on the same day only hours apart. So we had our families over, we made a lot of food, I made a clock cake for them and we opened presents. It was a fun day, a little chaotic at times, but I think Lucy felt like the little princess that she is.


3 comments:

Jana said...

Ok I need you to teach me how to make a cake that looks like that!!! Love the pictures of her in the pool!

Anonymous said...

Erin, How fun to visit g'ma in FL!! Those are the best vacations. Tell Lucy happy b-day for us. I hope you're feeling well. Yes, Olivia is preg. She's due the end of June. (It's a girl.) Miss you lots. Claudia

Anonymous said...

Happy B-lated Birthday Lucy! We thought and talked about her on her and Kennedy's big day. It is unbelievable that she is two!...okay, more importantly.. when are you coming?????