Last night we were singing songs... Lucy loves to sing. If you sing one song, she will keep saying, let's sing another one. So we sang This Little Light of Mine and Lucy loves that last verse that says "let it shine until Jesus comes," so we finish the song and she looks up at me and says "Mommy, will you tell me when Jesus gets here?" She just had the look in her face like, wake me up because I've been singing about Him coming for a long time now and I don't want to miss out. It was such an innocent statement and a great teaching moment.
Yesterday, Lucy went to the dentist for the first time. I wish I had brought my camera because she was so tiny on that big chair. She let the hygienist clean her teeth and floss them, but she was a little apprehensive about the dentist looking in her mouth. We found out that once her big teeth start coming in that we will probably start to have problems because her teeth are close together. It's really not a big surprise because Mike and I both had braces for a long time and I had like 7 teeth pulled before I could get braces, but for now she has a pretty cute smile!! She liked picking out a toy from the toy box and getting stickers... it was all worth it. Although, she is into wrapping presents to give to you, so she used one sticker to wrap the other sticker to give me a present and ruined them both. I guess the love language of giving of gifts is coming out. She'll take tissues and wrap up coasters or some small toy and say "open your present." Her 2 year old attitude is also coming out a lot. I hear this so often through out the day... "I don't want to." So of course I have come to sound like a true parent and say the ever popular "I don't care if you don't want to do it, do it anyway" or "change your attitude or I'll change it for you." I think I even used a phrase my Dad said to us a lot growing up... "you're going to have to do a lot of things you don't want to do in life." Like she even has a clue what I am talking about, but I said it anyway.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
She sounds so sweet and God did give you a wonderful teaching moment. How awesome is that. And I understand about the phrases. I know I know I will be using the "Who said life was fair" one soon.
I love this post so sweet. Nope I am not preggo, just have been to busy/lazy to post! What's up with you guys?
I love to hear these sweet little moments. Treasure them. My mom's already having to remind me the cute things my kid's have said. The funeral is on Monday, and Rick will leave town on Thursday. I would love to see you, but don't know for sure what day will work best...I promise I'll get that info soon. Looking forward to it.
I will let you know when we go jump again. I know Sam and Lucy would have a good time together.
Post a Comment