Monday, December 8, 2008

Brandt Jared






























I am finally getting around to posting about our sweet BOY!! I was induced on Monday, November 24th because I was 2 days late already and didn't want to spend Thanksgiving in the hospital. We arrived at the hospital at 5:30am and Brandt was born at 12:07pm. So a 6 hour labor was so much better than the 28 hour labor that I had with Lucy. My doctor came in about 8:30 and broke my water, which led to the worst contraction that any woman has ever experienced. It came on so fast and strong that I almost passed out. That is when I sent Michael to tell the nurse that I needed my epidural now!!! She was already on her way back in the room because Brandt's heart rate was dropping fast. They flipped me over, gave me a shot to stop the contractions, hooked a bunch of heart monitors up to me, and than just began starring at the monitor. I couldn't see the monitor, but my sister said that his heart rate dropped into the 40's. First of all, I was unsure of being induced because I kind of felt selfish and thought the baby should come on his own time and than this was happening. Praise the Lord, his heart rate rebounded, I got the beloved epidural and then the waiting began. They came in and checked me and I was at a 7, but then a little while later I felt like the baby was trying to sneak out and actually was crossing my legs and squeezing. I asked Mike to get the nurse and she came back and checked me and I was at a 10, so she went to call the doctor and when she came back she said let's see if we can do one push to get you started and she checked and said, don't push!! So when my doctor got there, they got set up and 6 pushes later I heard "it's a boy." I kept saying, what am I going to do with a boy :) He is just perfect and it is such a joy to look at him and see a healthy and precious child!! Lucy's response when she found out it was a boy was "but I don't want a baby brother, I want a baby sister." She got over that quickly as you can see in the picture above.
Brandt is growing, he weighed 8lbs, 140z at his 2 week appointment after weighing 7lbs, 14oz when we left the hospital. I ended up getting mastitis last week and I am on 2 different antibiotics to try to clear this up. It has been horrible.... I would go from uncontrollable chills to sweating profusely and even had up to a 103.8 degree fever. It was pretty rough, but my Michael was amazing... such compassion, endurance and love!!! I am so blessed. Unfortunately, the antibiotics can cause gas and I have been fine, but Brandt hasn't. So I am so looking forward to being done with this all and finding our new normal. So that's why this post was started Monday and I am finally finishing it today, Saturday. Will this be my new normal :)

3 comments:

Jana said...

I can't wait to hold that sweet baby boy. I am so sorry that you have had "nursing issues." If you need anything while Michael is at work during the day just call. So glad you finally got this post up.

momof4dragons said...

Erin,I love the pictures! Brandt is perfect. I'm sure Lucy is having the time of her life taking care of him. Sorry about the mastitis. I had it over 30 times throughout my 4 years of nursing. I wouldn't wish that upon anyone!!! I hope you all are having fun getting ready for Chrismtas. Will you stay home this year? Love and miss you.

Mel Murray said...

Yeah, congrats. I love the play by play. Hang in there girl. Every day gets easier.