Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas Time

I can't believe Brandt is 6 weeks old and Christmas is over... although you wouldn't know in our house because the tree is still up and will remain that way for a little longer because I really didn't get a chance to enjoy it before. I'm thinking I should just add some hearts and leave it up for Valentines Day, that would require too much work :)

We started celebrating Christmas when my Dad took our family on the Christmas Train. It was 20 degrees, but we bundled up and had a great time. Brandt was the warmest one of all and we even found a cozy corner in a building to nurse... he was a real trooper. A few days later we headed to Kansas to spend Christmas with Mike's family. Brandt was a great traveler... he only fussed when he got hungry. That was such a blessing!! There was 22 of us at his parents house for a few days, but it really wasn't that crazy of a household, of course, every 2 hours I headed back to a bedroom to feed Brandt, so maybe the frequent breaks made it seem less chaotic. Lucy had such a great time playing with her cousin, Gracie (they are 3 months apart). I think Gracie needed a break from Lucy sometimes, because Lucy would say, let's go play downstairs, Gracie and she would say no. My sister-in-law, Marilee, told me that once she heard Lucy calling Gracie to come downstairs and Gracie kept saying no, so finally Lucy said, Gracie you come downstairs or else you will get a spanking. Where did she ever hear that? But we had fun taking pictures of the girls in matching pj's, Christmas outfits and their fancy dresses. Michael enjoyed pheasant hunting and we all enjoyed staying up late eating sweets and playing cards. When we got home we celebrated Christmas with my family on New Year's Eve at our house. My brother and parents were here from Wisconsin and my Grandma flew in from Florida, so it was nice being together. The kids put on there annual production of Luke 2 and we even had a baby Jesus... one of these years we will have to make them memorize lines, but for now someone reads it while the kids walk around and look ever so cute in their hodge podge costumes. Sweet memories!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We did have a great time! I'm so thankful the girls got some good play time in. Gracie can't wait to see Lucy in a few weeks. I asked her if she wanted to go to Lucy's house, her eyes got really big and said, "Yes, Momma.. Go to Lucy's House"!!! We can't wait to see you! Have a I told you lately what a great Momma you are, and just how thankful I am that my brother chose you!!! Love you!!!
Marilee

momof4dragons said...

I love the pictures of the kids. Glad you had a nice Christmas with your families! We, too, had lots of people gathered together...but it was so much fun. I hope you're feeling well, and enjoying being a family of 4!