Sunday, January 18, 2009

Gum

Brandt will be 8 weeks tomorrow and is getting so big... he found his hands this week and loves to eat them and coo. He also loves when you bend over him and talk to him. He responds with his sweet sounds that just make me smile and laugh. Last night was a momentous night because he slept from midnight to 6:30. I was so shocked and happy to not feel exhausted getting up to feed him. I know it was the one night miracle because Lucy had it too, but it sure is unexpected and wonderful.

It was Mike's birthday last Thursday and Lucy was very excited about it. I asked her what she wanted to get Daddy for his birthday and she said, I don't know, let's call him and ask him what he wants. So we called him and he told her that he wanted some gum. So we went to the store and she picked him out some watermelon gum. We were also walking by the men's department and she saw a green shirt and said, we should get that for Daddy. The girl has good taste, so we bought it. I helped her wrap the gum in some paper we colored and when Mike walked in the door that night, she ran up to him and said, Daddy, do you want to open your up your watermelon gum and can I have a piece? At least she kept the shirt a surprise. On the way to the restaurant, she said, Daddy this is the best gum I've ever had. It's only the 3rd piece of gum she has ever had, so I do believe her that it was the best.

3 comments:

Mariafer said...

My feed must be broken! I don't see when you post new things! I could have missed it! That is so funny about Lucy! My nephew used to do the same thing... can't wait to see pictures of Brandt. Oh and Happy Bday Mike!!

Unknown said...

Hey girl, we so want to meet that little guy. Tell Michael- happy late bday!
My parents are coming in this coming weekend...but lets look at our calendars for Feb.
We've been hoping to get to Tulsa soon to see you guys, Foreros, Conrads, etc.
We miss you guys lots.
m

Jana said...

I am impressed that Lucy can chew gum, Sam always swallows it....