Thursday, February 19, 2009

Love you

I talked to my Mom and Dad yesterday morning and they said to tell Lucy that we love her very much. So of course I did and she smiled. So at lunch time she wanted to pray, here was her prayer.... Dear Jesus, thank you for this day. Thank you for mommy, daddy and baby brandt. Thank you for daddy's job and he can go to work, and thank you that Grandma and Grandpa called to say they love me. Amen. Isn't that sweet! When she goes to sleep she has to say nigh, nigh, love you and she will cry until you come back upstairs to say it to you if she thinks you didn't hear it. So go and tell your children you love them right now... it means the world to them.

So last night I had to take some toys away from Lucy. We had started where if she wets her pants we take away a toy and then she gets it back when she goes 3 times in the potty. It had been working great because she doesn't like having her toys taken away. Well, yesterday we were out, so she had a pull-up on. I asked her several times if she had to go to the bathroom and it was always no. Anyhow, when we got home she was very wet and she didn't want her underwear back on and never went in the potty until before bed. So, I took 2 very precious toys away... her coffee pot and tea set. I thought she would cry and be upset, but she looked at me and said "I'm not sad, Mommy. It's okay." Great... not that I want her to cry, but come on it's the tea set, be a little sad so I think we are headed in the right direction with potty-training. I told her today that if she wets her pants, there will be no Dora... so far so good :)

2 comments:

Mel Murray said...

So sweet. I love it.

Would love to see you in Siloam or here in Fayetteville.
We are pretty open for most of Saturday. What is your schedule like?
Want to come hang at our house or want us to come to you in Siloam? We are up for either.

SO excited to see you. Mel

Jesse and Amy said...

i love the prayers of children. they always make me melt!