We also went up to our cottage in northern Wisconsin for a few days, and we all have so much fun up there. We fished, caught frogs, ran around in the woods and just enjoyed the solitude. My Grandma, who is almost 90, got in our boat and went fishing with my brother and nephew, Riley. I think it added a few years to her life because she was so excited about doing that. Once again, Lucy loved the frogs... she wanted to hold them all. She also surprised us by trying to take her own fish off the hook. The girl is brave... I don't even like to do that.
Lucy also went to her first bouncy house place. She had a ball! She head
ed to the huge slide first, which scared her so badly that it took a lot of convincing that it was okay to go down some of the other slides. My nephew, Preston, who is the same age as her, would be at the bottom of the slide yelling, "I'll catch you, Lucy." So she would come flying down the slide, knock him over and then they would laugh. So fun!
So, we drove 2000 miles that week. I am so thankful for great travelers. It might take us a few hours longer to get somewhere, but at least the kids love to travel, and look forward to the playgrounds at the rest stops. As for
Brandt, he could care less about the playgrounds, but he is a great little sport in his car seat. It does help, that my nephews think he is just the greatest and they all wanted turns to sit next to him in the car. I love my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment