We were gone for a weekend, and when we came home we were surprised to see that Darby, our caterpillar, was now Darby, our butterfly. She was beautiful! Lucy was just so excited and amazed by the whole thing. She just kept starring at her and smiling. So, of course, we needed to let Darby go. So we took her outside, said good-bye to her and asked her to come visit, and Lucy set her free. We were hoping that she would settle on some of our flowers, but she had been trapped for too long and just wanted to fly, so she took off over the fence and was gone. Lucy would ask me every day after that if Darby was going to come and visit, and I would just say we could watch for her but I don't know. Well, the other day, we took a 5 mile walk with the kids, and I can't even tell you how many "Darby's" we saw. We just kept telling Lucy, "look, there's Darby," and she would yell "hi, Darby." She was so happy to see her Darby. We even saw Darby flying with a yellow butterfly and Lucy said, that's Darby's friend and gave her some name too. I was just thanking Jesus for sending all those "Darby's" on our walks because it made a 3 year old little girl so happy. He cares for our smallest needs... so cool!
Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment