Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Just for you Mom :)

Lucy's new thing right now is playing pbskids.org on the computer. It's fun to watch her little hand maneuver the mouse. We've also started a chore chart in attempt at helping more around the house. Her duties include brushing her teeth (morning and night), making her bed (which at first was very upsetting to her that she couldn't make it perfectly and now she has finally settled on doing her best), working on memorizing verses (we usually do this at lunch and I chose John 3:16 to be the verse to start with), setting the table at dinner, cleaning up toys, cleaning up crayons, and putting clothes in basket at end of day. So far, she is excited about this, so hopefully the newness won't wear off. I'm still trying to decide on a reward system for completing her chores.

Brandt is up to walking around the house carrying things, especially books, and he'll hold the book out to you. He'll just keep walking around the circle. Lucy will run around, saying she is exercising, and Brandt will chase after her. He is also trying to say so many new words like cracker, bubbles and Papa. He also amuses us all so much with the nodding of his head to questions. He just nods away. I love that he is agreement with us because before we know it, it will be no. He loves to be chased, but he gets so excited he can't seem to keep his balance and just keeps falling over. It's pretty funny to watch. He giggles and gives out little screams when you catch him and tickle him. This is such a fun age.

I made black bean burgers last night for dinner, but I put them in little heart dishes to cook in the over because they fall apart easily. Well, Lucy asked what was for dinner and I said "meatless meatloaf because I made it out of beans, so I guess it is beanloaf". How gross does that sound, but it was really good. Well, when Michael walked in the door, Lucy yelled to him, Mommy made beanloaf. Now doesn't that make you run to the table, or maybe run out the door. I love that she eats anything... she liked the name and mentioned the "beanloaf" several more times during dinner. I just laughed every time and she would just look at me like what is so funny. Brandt liked it too, but he liked the brownies afterwards even better... you never saw a baby eat a brownie so fast.

Now those are stories only a Grandma could love :)

No comments: