Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Vinoculars

It was a warm day today, so I went and got the pool and blew it up. Lucy was so excited that she didn't even care that the water was so cold. I got their swimsuits on and brought some pool toys out and then Lucy said to me, "Mommy, I think I will need my vinoculars too." I had to think for a minute and then she said "so I can look at the bottom of the pool." I said, do you mean goggles. She said, "oh yes, goggles." So I went and got them and while her and Brandt were playing in the pool, she kept telling him about her vinoculars. So, if you swim with us this summer, we don't use goggles, we use vinoculars. It just made me sit and smile at such cute things they say. It was also amazing to see Brandt splashing in that freezing water, even dumping it on his head. He and Lucy come by it honestly, I never cared if the water was cold, I just wanted to swim. I even pushed a block of ice out of my way once at our cottage one Memorial Day, so that we could jump off the pier.

No comments: