Sunday, November 9, 2008
Words of Affirmation
I haven't posted anything in a few weeks, but Lucy continues to crack us up daily. The most recent was this afternoon in a public restroom. We were in a store and Lucy said, I have to go poopie, so we hurry to a restroom. As we walk, I continue to ask if she still needs to go, and the answer was always yes. So we walk across the store to the restroom, load the toilet paper on the seat, securely tuck the dress in her neck so it doesn't fall in the toilet, pull down the tights and the pull-up and get on the seat. So as I am squatting there (which isn't easy at 9 months pregnant) waiting for her, she says I don't have to go anymore. After waiting a few more minutes, just to be sure, we finally give up. Well, since we have gone through the effort of getting to a bathroom, someone is going to go, so of course I can always come through on that. So I finish going and Lucy wants to flush, so I am standing up to pull up my pants and Lucy yells "that's a big butt" which by the way she usually says bottom so I obviously took her by surprise. Then she says "I have a little butt and that is a BIGGGG butt." I started laughing so hard because I knew there were other people in the restroom as well, and it's obvious she is talking about me. This isn't shocking news to me, but it's not really what I want to hear, I mean really, who ever wants to hear that. When we were washing our hands the lady from the other stall didn't even smile or say anything... I was laughing and still do when I think about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You'd think I had the biggest butt ever--according to Piper. Maybe she and Lucy will grow up to be great friends. They can mock us until they're like 26--when they're 9 months pregnant with their first babies and their butts have "spread." Are we really talking butts? This blogging thing is getting a bit crazy. Enjoy this last two weeks!
What a funny story!!!
Post a Comment