Thursday, July 26, 2012
Surprise
While we were in Wisconsin this summer, Lucy told me one night that she had a surprise for me the next day. I said, what is it, and she said, you just have to wait and see. So, the next day came and I forgot about it and she never said anything. A few days later, I found a note behind her pillow. It was to the tooth fairy. She said Dear Tooth fairy, I'm sorry that I do not have a tooth for you to day (then she circled to day and said it should be 1 work...love that she is correcting spelling). Then she went on to ask the tooth fairy if she could pleeeese turn her into a fairy. Lucy was by me when I was reading the letter. I looked up at her and she had this disappointed look on her face and said, "that was your surprise." I told her how happy I was that it didn't happen because fairies are so small and I would be afraid that I wouldn't be able to find her and then I couldn't hug and kiss her anymore. It was so sweet that she thought she could be a fairy, and so sad as I thought about how disappointed she was that morning that she couldn't fly around the room and surprise me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment